Don’t let me fool you, the title of this post makes it sound like it is all possible.
Well, maybe it is. But there are a few reasons it has taken me so long to post an update on my blog, and the heading says it all. It has been a long, active year.
Financial year end has come and gone. We are doing some final numbers, but last year was a good one for our online business.
To sum up, we:
- Completed the sales of our fishing business www.tacklemania.com.au
- Grew our Magento Development business, taking on some larger projects
- Became Magento Partners in Australia
- Grew sales in our retail business where it mattered
- Grew our shipping label system www.readytoship.com.au over 260%
- Added some retail services, providing a managed service for the eBay channel
- Greatly improved our overall business position
- Made some great new business contacts (and friends)
And on a personal note my wife and I added another girl to the family, so there has been lots of activity on that front. This has certainly kept us busy. Two girls can be a challenge sometimes!
Then there is the book. I was mentioned as a possible author for a book, and accepted the task. I knew I didn’t have much time but it is one of those things that I have on one of those secret lists tucked away on the back of your mind and I really wanted to tick it off the list. So this has meant inventing some more work hours, usually between 10pm and 1am. It is taking it’s toll.
Just writing this makes me feel a little bit guilty, as I should be finishing up a few more edits now for a deadline, and completing a presentation I will be doing at the internet conference in the Gold Coast later this week (check it out here: www.internetconference.com.au
It just doesn’t stop at the moment! But January will be a landmark month for me I think. Ushering in 2012 with a fresh outlook on business opportunity that has begun this July, a book in the wild, co-authored by me (yikes, I am nervous already, it should be on shelves in Dec), and finger crossed no more kids! :)